Thursday, October 6, 2011

Finally

    The rain finally stopped yesterday. I took advantage of the sunshine and went on a photo shoot around the apple orchard in the next town over. I owed the woman who owns the place two dollars from a few weeks back when I bought pumpkins and doughnuts and was short, so I paid it back and bought another half dozen. Apple batter doughnuts. Absolutely to die for.


I fell in love with this incredibly tired apple tree behind the owner's house.

    Later on I went for a drive with my father to scope out a nice spot to take some farewell photos of his BMW 528i. He recently acquired his dream car, an M5, and the 528i is going away tomorrow morning. I really love that car, I'll miss it when it's gone.


    On the way back, we passed the railroad bed-turned-dirt bike trail on my street and the light was coming through the trees so beautifully I had to have him stop the car:



     My crazy work weekend is about to start tomorrow. I'm pulling doubles hosting instead of hosting then prep in the kitchen so I won't be getting out two or three hours after I'm supposed to for a change. I'm working on having Matthew come up Sunday night and then go to the fair with me on Monday but I haven't heard if he's gotten the day off yet. I haven't seen him in so long and I would love nothing more than to spend a day getting fat on fried dough with him.

1 comment:

  1. This Matthew character sounds like a real rugged and grizzled and jacked man of endless mystery with a resounding and sometimes offputting resemblance to Australian legend Hugh Jackman

    ReplyDelete