Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Farm Exposure

  I met up with Matthew for lunch today up in Manchester. We ate pizza and shared our thoughts on isolation and inspiration. He seems to be in a similar rut, but at least he's still creating. We've come to the same difficult conclusion as well, that we feel the best up here in this city - inspired and at home.
  I have work at the restaurant this evening at 5 (KISS is in town and it's going to be chaos so they've called everyone in) and I thought it foolish to bother driving all the way back home after lunch only to have to turn around in a few hours, so here I am at the school library. I just finished developing three rolls of black and white 120 film downstairs and it felt go great to be back in my element. My dad notified me that my color film finally came in the mail today so that will be quite a treat when I get home tonight.
  Since the film I've just developed won't be ready for another half hour or so, the following are a few of the double exposures I shot with my Holga at Dargoonian Farms before Grandpa passed away.







  I purposely set the camera incorrectly, allowing the frames to overlap, resulting in the bars at the side of several of the images. I set out to corrupt my typical desire for perfect images, and instead tried to capture the repetition so present inside the greenhouses, set against the cracked earth and machinery out in the fields.

1 comment: